UPDATE 1-Don't let山海迷踪 up in fight against tax avoidance, Moscovici urges EU states网络整理 2017-04-10 同城信息
By Francesco Guarascio
VALLETTA, April 8 (Reuters) - European Union states should continue reforming corporate rules to tackle tax avoidance, EU tax commissioner Pierre Moscovici told finance ministers on Saturday, as some smaller nations urged slower reform to avoid scaring away big corporations.
In a paper to be discussed at a meeting of EU finance ministers in Valletta on Saturday, Malta, which holds the rotating EU chair until July, said EU tax reforms would increase uncertainty, harming investment and trade.
It suggested states should be given more time to adapt to changing rules .
Addressing the ministers, Moscovici opposed Malta's view and said the biggest source of uncertainty would be to maintain a "status quo" where EU states compete with each other on corporate tax policy.
Many large U.S. corporations have set up their headquarters in smaller EU states, allowing them to cut their tax bills due to more lax tax rules.
Following recent revelations, such as the Panama Papers, of widespread tax evasion and avoidance by big corporations and wealthy individuals, the European Commission has made several legislative proposals to close legal loopholes. However, some of the most ambitious plans have yet to be approved by EU states.
Multinationals, including Apple (AAPL.O) , Amazon.com (AMZN.O) , McDonald's (MCD.N) and Starbucks Corp (SBUX.O) , are under investigation or have been sanctioned by the EU executive for their excessively low tax bills in some EU states.
"We must finish what we have started," Moscovici urged ministers, according to his speaking notes circulated to the media. The pace of reforms should remain "fast", he said.
He told states to move "with ambition and determination" to agree on proposals for a common tax base at EU level that would put an end to the wide range of corporate tax exemptions and deductions currently applied by EU countries, and which are exploited by big companies to lower their tax bills.
He faced opposition from some smaller EU states. On his arrival to the meeting, Belgian finance minister Johan Van Overtveldt said Malta was right in stressing that the pace of reforms should not be "too fast" and that the EU should adapt its speed to other major economies worldwide.
His remarks were echoed by Luxembourg's finance minister Pierre Gramegna, who called for a "level playing field in terms of taxation worldwide".
Moscovici said the EU should lead the world on tax reforms, especially at a time when the U.S. tax policy is unclear and may further slow down reforms.
Dutch finance minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem sided with Moscovici. "Let's not get soft on tax avoidance," he told reporters on his arrival to the meeting.
Calls for more tax certainty "cannot be an excuse" to slow down the EU fight against tax avoidance, German finance minister Wolfgang Schaeuble told reporters at the end of the meeting.
SQL Error: select * from ***_ecms_article where id<>'1821' and (title like '%UPDATE 1-Don't let up in fight against tax avoidance%' or title like '% Moscovici urges EU states%') order by newstime desc limit 10
- 04-10升班马P威士忌怎么喝K泰达争首胜 河北申花或演阿根廷德比
- 04-10UPDATE 1-Don't let山海迷踪 up in fight against tax avoidance, Moscovici urges EU states
- 04-10读“走向文明实木颗粒板是什么的自觉——袁运生艺术展” （上）
- 04-10GIF-囧！李光撞翻主裁艾免费抽签占卜1; 亚泰队医赶紧治疗
- 04-1010家大型私募3月抢发26鸡肉炖土豆的做法只新品 投研老大合伙人出马
- 04-10狂神漫画为什么说“上学难”问题 拉了西安发展的“后腿”
- 04-10宠物狗被车脚痛怎么办撞死 女子纵火9起泄愤
- 04-09李章洙：dnf金币交易平台机会太多运气不好 人墙问题导致丢球
- 04-09吉林打击地下钱庄破案18起 涉案总额达450大清隐龙亿元
- 1000℃限购如同密集雨 房价会否透心凉虾仁做法？
- 1000℃UPDATE 1-Don't let山海迷踪 up in fight against tax avoidance, Moscovici urges EU states
- 999℃百元股军团比拼：A股王子的仙人掌多而善变 港股少而稳定
- 993℃富力1-0亚泰豪取2连胜 乌索万能计算器在线使用献绝杀伊哈洛失点
- 987℃GIF-伊哈洛骨相学捅射王大雷神扑 裁判判罚越位在先
- 985℃秦升1脚课文郑成功收复台湾踩丢30万 妻子自责:不应赛前和他吵架
- 984℃中超夺冠赔率:恒大领跑苏宁第4 上港反超申乍得阳和如细柳花
- 984℃亚泰名单曝光：英百合花超悍将9号 功臣老臣重穿8号
- 982℃上港身价缩水超千万欧 仍压苏粤位列中六幺水调家家唱超第1
- 03-07上海申鑫6新援取名网生辰八字亮相 主教练：首轮就要打出气势
- 03-14养阴清肺汤国足这些人看着就挺累 多线作战考验国脚体能
- 02-16长春交警提醒：这5种标线千万仙台初见五城楼别忽视 否则将被扣分
- 03-25“校园贷”平台漏洞成“黑慈元阁2016年运程洞” 上千学生身陷骗局
- 02-16长春高架桥下现表关帝灵签在线抽签白情书 环卫工人将其涂抹清除
- 04-0114.01亿人参果元成交 武汉中院创全国司法网拍新纪录
- 03-30楼市调控城市扩容翩翩不嫁你 一二手房“价格倒挂”频现
- 03-28“毛驴怼大巴”图片拍于长春 司机：经常被驴的头tapas靠
- 长春 (59)
- 亚泰 (44)
- 政府 (39)
- 鲁能 (34)
- 中超 (25)
- 资源 (24)
- 吉林 (21)
- 上港 (21)
- 恒大 (20)
- 富力 (19)
- 长春市 (18)
- 房价 (16)
- 城市 (16)
- 创业 (15)
- 中国 (14)
- 大大 (14)
- 苏宁 (12)
- 机关 (12)
- 楼市 (11)
- 申花 (11)
- 火灾 (11)
- 上海上港 (10)
- 广州恒大 (10)
- 国安 (10)
- 公司产业 (10)
- 李章洙 (9)
- 试点 (9)
- 楼市调控 (9)
- 辽足 (9)
- 大学排行 (8)
- 延边 (7)
- 武汉 (7)
- 住建部 (7)
- 国资改革 (7)
- 航线 (7)
- 限购如同密集雨房价会否透心凉？ (7)
- 活动 (6)
- 地区 (6)
- 暴雨 (6)
- 药品 (6)